Part-time Job Visa(S-3)
- Within 20 hours from Monday through Friday during a school term, up to 2 work places
- There is no limit for a foreign student on working hours on legal holidays, Saturday and Sunday, and during vacation
2Restricted Working Field
- Without an E-2 visa(Foreign Language Instructor), it is illegal to teach at language Institutes
- Private tutoring is strictly prohibited by law regarding establishment and organization of an educational institute and extracurricular lessons
- Any other jobs that are not generally acceptable for students
3Allowed Working Field
- Occupation acknowledged as having close ties with their major
- An occupational category which has close ties with his or her major
- Commonly allowed working fields for students such as translation/interpretation, a librarian/sublibrarian, a school cleaner, a staff at a restaurant, an assistant office worker, a research student at a laboratory who is doing his or her schoolwork and research at the same time, temporary assistant instructor, an assistant experimentation teacher, and etc.
- A salesperson, a clerk at a restaurant, an assistant at an event in an English Village or an English camp (other foreign languages such as Chinese, Japanese, and etc. are also avaliable).
- Passport, Alien registration card
- Application form (downloadable at Immigration Office Homepage)
- Integrated form for part time job (downloadable at Immigration Office Homepage)
★It should be signed by an employer, guidance professor or the staff in charge of foreign students at a university★