★Foreign Student Applications for the undergraduate program will be open four times a year.★
★Applications for the School of Arts and Medical School will be open in March once a year.★
★For the School of Medicine, a certificate of TOPIK Level 6 is required.★
Eligibility for Application-All applicants should meet the below requirements
||Requirements for Application
||Exceptions for Application
||Both applicants and their parents must be foreign nationals. Applicants must be graduates (or expected graduates) of high school or have an equivalent educational background.
- Students with dual nationality (Korean citizenship + other) cannot apply for these types of admission.
- If you have acquired your nationality through being adopted, the time of Foreign nationality acquisition must be before your having entered an elementary school in order for you to be eligible for this admission.
- Self-educated students or students with a G.E.D. are not eligible.
|Second Year Transfer Admission
||Both applicants and their parents must be foreign nationals. Applicants must have completed (or be expected to complete) at least one year (two semesters) in a degree program at a four-year university; must have graduated (or be expected to graduate) from a two or three year college; or must have an equivalent educational background.
|Third Year Transfer Admission
||Both applicants and their parents must be foreign nationals. Applicants must have completed (or be expected to complete) at least two years (four semesters) in a degree program at a four-year university; must have graduated (or be expected to graduate) from a two or three year college; or must have an equivalent educational background.
Application Review Process
|Humanities / Science
|Arts / Physical
||Practical Test & Documents Review
||Interview & Documents Review
- a.The CAU Korean Proficiency Test (KPT) will not influence admission decisions. However, admitted applicants who failed the CAU KPT must take a leave of absence and take the designated Korean Language Courses at the CAU Institute of International Education. (The students will attend the courses at the Anseong campus for the first 6 months.)
- b.Upon meeting any of the standards below, the student will be allowed to enter CAU or start taking a degree program at CAU in the coming semester.
- c.Submit a Certificate of TOPIK level 4 or higher(TOPIK level 3 or higher for Design department/ Global School of Arts)
- d.Pass the CAU KPT(Korean Proficiency Test)
- e.Complete the level-4 (or higher) Korean Language Course at the CAU Institute of International Education
- f.English requirement for applicants to apply for the English Track Minimum of: TOEFL 530(CBT 197, iBT 71) or IELTS 5.5 or TOEIC 850 or TEPS 600 (Applicants from countries where English is used as the official language or mother tongue are exempt from this requirement)
- g.All Applicants should follow the above mentioned policies. If applicants do not follow the policies, they will face limitations accordingly.
- a.Admission decisions are made by each department based on total scores.
- b.Applicants proven unqualified for CAU during document reviews will not be admitted to CAU.
- c.Qualified applicants with the same scores will all be selected.
- d.Failure to submit required documents, false entries in the documents, forgery, falsification, examination irregularities, or ineligibility will lead to rejection of application or even to cancelation of admission regardless of the evaluation results.
★Successful Applicants must submit a transcript showing TOPIK level 4 or higher to the Office of International Affairs before graduation. Without submitting these documents, they cannot graduate.★
★We recommend all applicants have proficiencies in the Korean language before entering CAU because most classes and application procedures will be in Korean.★